Monday, December 24, 2007

Then It's Love

A gentleman with an impressive fro stopped me on the way in this morning. Well, technically he stood staring at me with a stony grin at the corner until I removed my headphones and looked at him.

“Jesus loves you,” he said. He then put out his hand and seemed ecstatic when I shook it. He put his other hand on mine and wished me a Merry Christmas.

I began to wonder if there was something about me that signaled this guy that Jesus loved me, perhaps something in my aura, or a look on my face, maybe the way I walked in time to The Cure’s “Speak My Language”. Then I wondered if maybe Jesus told this fella that he loved me. Something like, “Hey, that guy in the headphones and long coat? I love him. Go tell him I love him.”

It was a nice gesture, a bit presumptuous, but nice. And the guy spreading the news had a smile that made me a bit glad I could a recipient of the news he wanted to tell me.

Have a good Christmas y’all, if’n you’re into that sort of thing.

No comments: