Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Signs

This is the ballyhooed neon sign outside my window:

The cat's tail wags.

As I was trying to take a picture of the sign I noticed a cop car pulling up onto the sidewalk across the street. I moved over to the desk and there's another cop car on the second street our apartment building sits on. I am in the middle of a triangulation of cop activity.

I watched two officers walk up the sidewalk, hands on utility belts. They entered into the apartment complex across the street.

And just now, a pizza delivery guy walked to the same front door. It smells like a set up to me. "Get out of there pizza guy!" I yelled. "The cops are waiting."

He looked around for my voice, double checked the address, and yelled, "Did you order a large Hawaiian?"

I did not. Pizza guy's on his own, I can't look out for everyone.

And this is the sort of thing that starts to happen when neon moves into the neighborhood.

No comments: