Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Videobeard

Hi everyone, once again my job keeps me from the regular sort of posting I would like. Therefore, I will be going into my next job with the expectation that I am allowed blog time.

But hey, how about this weather? I had something on my mind about the preview of summer we received this last weekend, but the return of standard papier-mâché colored skies have driven that out of me. So I will talk about a beard.

I enjoy having a beard, I feel that it adds something to my face – mainly hair. On top of this though, I’m a lazy shaver, so a beard helps to fulfill that laziness quotient. But, as with anything good and mighty, there are drawbacks:

  • Sometimes things get caught in a beard. Fallen bits of lasagna, pieces of fluff from the flannel sheets you were just getting ready to put away for the season until the muddled newspaper sky returned, homeless people covered in Velcro:
  • People make assumptions about you like you’re more threatening than your non-bearded contemporaries, you’re hiding something, you’re a lumberjack… And well honestly, carrying a double bladed axe around town doesn’t help this last assumption out.
  • On those hot, summer (or preview of summer) days, your face will sweat more than normal.
  • I occasionally end up with the stray beard hair in my mouth.

On this last point; I expect this to happen. I mean, I have a bunch of extra hair right around my ol’ mouth hole, sometimes it’s gonna wind up inside. Sometimes, and more often than one would think would be normal, I end up with a beard hair lodged in my gums. I’m unclear how the hell this happens. Sometimes, I think that I may actually be growing beard hair in my mouth. And then I stop and tell myself, “Hey you, you’re being crazy, knock it off.” But still, the thought persists.

What if I’m actually growing all kinds of hair inside my body? What if I become some oddly discomforting David Cronenberg movie?

Seriously, how about this weather…


Song Stuck In My Head Right Now: “Cowboy Dan” by Modest Mouse. Extra nice as it has sufficiently driven out “Welcome To The Pleasuredome” by Frankie Goes To Hollywood.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beard splinters are the worst... you know, where you are stroking your beard in an evil genius fashion, contemplating the demise of your nemesis, and OUCH whats that splinter in my finger... oh it is a beard hair.

Sucks.

Beards are awesome, however.