Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Town Without Pity

I’m trying to find a witty/entertaining/caustic/non-whiney way of stating that I’m feeling sorry for myself, but I’m failing.

The pisser is, I have nothing to feel bad about. It’s just one of those weird days where I can’t really cope with anything. I can make it look good from the outside, like I got it going on, but everything just seems to knock another piece off inside me.

Pity party? You bet. A bad, bad lame one, with no keg or chips. Not even a veggie platter.

I kinda want my brother to poke his head around the corner, Tecate Light in his hand and a smile while he says, “You’re doing it buddy.” I kinda want someone to call, tell me they’re coming with a sixer. I kinda want a hug.

I kinda wanna get over myself, I kinda wanna stop ending words with the letter “a”.

I’m upset for and by friends that I love.

I’m upset my favorite song by that little band Grandaddy, “AM 180”, is in a car commercial.

I’m upset to learn, this late in life, that the dream I had of living in an apartment above a store with a neon sign, is not that awesome. The brand new sign that the bookstore put up today shines right into the living room window, and the fact that the neon cat has a neon tail that wags ain’t making it better.

I’m upset with the reaction I got when walking down the street in this:

Kids these days have just seen everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't forget about
Badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM
AHH Its A SNAKE!!