Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Devil's In His Hole

Sittin' here, stewing in a stew of my own stewing due to some technical difficulties with the posting that I wanted to make. Shaking my fists at the ceiling as that's where I imagine the demons of computer issues live and breath - in a red tinged room with lots of sparking wires and half empty mimosas - I was delivered two indications of what to replace my waylaid posting with.

About a week ago, a co-worker and fellow music fan let me know that there was talk of a Led Zeppelin reunion. The words had barely had time to emerge from his mouth, play in the freedom of the air between our desks and dance lightly on my ears before he sent out a small gang of new words to kill the ones he had just let free. It was just a rumor, Robert Plant confirmed it.

A couple of days after that, Bif starts telling me about a Led Zeppelin reunion. I shoot her down in a smarmy and all-knowing sort of way. “Darling,” please imagine this in a crappy, highly affected British accent. “Tis only a rumor, there is no Led Zeppelin reunion.”

Oh, but there tis: www.ahmettribute.com. She emails me with a self righteousness that is, admittedly, deserved.

Moments later, I read a posting by the caustic and sexy Mercedes that she would like to have tickets to said show. Suddenly I’m feeling that the universe is trying to tell me something, and on looking at the calendar I realize what it is.

We’re 18 days into Zeptember, and I have done nothing to celebrate it.

I apologize for slacking. As there are only a handful of days left, I shall focus on the longer, more epic tracks.

Zeptember song of the day: Opening up with the mighty “Achilles Last Stand”.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hot Dog!

So, you think that the Universe engineered a Led Zeppelin reunion in order to remind you that it's Zeptember?

I think you're right on, dudealude.

Unknown said...

ps - you should check out the tugboat captains blog entry today.

Billy Badgley said...

Sometimes that's what it takes.

And I did check it out, I did. It's like falling in love all over again...