Monday, March 24, 2008

#2 In The Model Home Series

Okay, quick like bunny…

I had wanted to do a post about Into The Wild which I saw most of last night (I read the book, so I know how it ends), but per my regular poor time management skills, I have run out of time. It’s probably for the best, I need a little more time to think about it.

This is hell week for the show I’m working on, last week of rehearsals leading into two days of 10 hour tech this weekend. This tech weekend will very likely charge me up for an amazing run, or kill my desire for theater all together. It will be the first time we will be using some heavy duty technology that is necessary for the show, and rests solely on my characters shoulders – literally.

While there have been a lot of difficult and negative aspects to this show so far, I am really happy to be part of it. I’m working with a director who I really admire and respect, and a cast (all of whom I have worked with on different projects in the past) that I love being around and getting to play with. This gig does feel really collaborative in a lot of ways. Not only is there this sort “us v. them” feeling to it, but we also got to spend a weekend doing film shoots for fake commercials, one of which I recorded a cheesy, Hessian guitar theme for.

Other than that, just trying to keep in perspective what the day job is actually there for, spend what little time I have with the family and enjoying watching Riley be a beautiful force of nature and Biffy be a beautiful mother.

What else? I fought a huge impulse to force my way into a question and answer session with the CEO today, step to the microphone and do a dramatic reading of “Desperado” by The Eagles. I watched loudQUIETloud, a documentary about the Pixies reunion tour, which I enjoyed thoroughly and highly recommend. If you’re not a Pixies fan, this will probably not change your head, but I do feel it’s important to say that you’re wrong and should suck it. I’m wondering how long it will take before ABC has to officially use quotes around the “stars” in “Dancing With The Stars”.

I am also fairly heavy into the band Cold War Kids right now. And apropos of nothing, have dived into the back catalogue of Guided By Voices while at work yesterday and enjoyed the shit out of it.

That’s it, gotta run. Billy out.

No comments: