Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Time Keeps On Slipping

When I perfect my time travel experiments, I will go back and visit the 16 year old version of me.

Knowing the 16 year old version me, he would probably first ask how I managed the time travel thing so he could then go back in time and pick up the out of print Last American Virgin soundtrack.

I would tell him not to worry about it, that a kindly used record store clerk in Tacoma would locate a copy of it in Portland for him 1989. I would also fret over whether or not to ruin the surprise of the Pixies soon to come his way.

I imagine that 16 year old version of me would ask how being a famous film director was treating me. I have the distinct feeling that when I describe what it his he will be doing for a job 20 years down the road, that 16 year old version of me would kick me straight in the nuts.

I know I would.

As I crumble slowly to my knees, I would whimper out, “you might rethink the film major…”

4 comments:

mandy said...

have you read the time travelers wife?

said time traveler visits his teenage self and surprises him with a happy ending.

right. THAT kind of happy ending.

i could TOTALLY see you in that role.

Billy Badgley said...

Wow... I'm... Wow...

That sort of left me speechless for a minute until I realized that yeah, I would totally blow me.

Anonymous said...

in creepy Silents of The Lamb scary guy voice..
"I would blow me"

Unknown said...

...just because you have not yet used it in a job, does not mean it is useless.