Wednesday, March 26, 2008

At A Loss

I’m not really sure what to write about today.

I’m at home today, a Wednesday, as I had to work on Sunday. “What’re you doing for Easter? Are you hiding eggs for your son?” a coworker asked me last Friday. I said no, I will be working.

“Just like Jesus,” replied another coworker.

“I’m no biblical scholar, but I’m pretty sure Jesus did not supervise a call center.”

There’s tortilla soup on the stove that smells spicy and fulfilling, there’s a baby talking low in the next room that makes me smile, there’s a wife who got to take a well deserved nap that I hope keeps her feeling good for awhile.

There’s some reason that the horror that is The Cutting Edge keeps cropping up to haunt me. I recently learned from another cast member that someone had the balls and lack of any artistic integrity to make a part three to this movie. Learning this felt like a combination of the onset of diarrhea, the continuing dread of knowing you will one day die, and the feeling of trying to chew a baby carrot that had apparently fallen into your shirt pocket a week ago and you are finding it now as said shirt has been hanging in the bathroom.

Here’s a picture of a baby carrot that had apparently fallen into my shirt pocket a week ago and I am finding it now as said shirt was hanging in the bathroom:

Mo Money Mandy? Your soul will one day whither and die for the love you harbor for the evil that is The Cutting Edge. But seriously, we should watch the shit out of Saturday The 14th.

Soup’s on…

3 comments:

mandy said...

you know you love it. its kinda like pushing on a bruise. you know its gonna hurt, but deep down you like that sort of thing.

Anonymous said...

Are you gonna watch Saturday the 14th Strikes Back?

Unknown said...

...what if Jesus DID manage a call center?