Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ooooh, and Jim Jarmusch Movies Too

So it’s mid-year review time around work. These are the good times, the grand times, these are the days. I have written and delivered a number of reviews recently, and more importantly to me, received a review from my boss.

One bit of feedback that I received on my review was that during supervisor meetings there have been times where I appear angry and have outbursts. “Outbursts?!?” I screamed as I jumped up on the desk and slapped the man with my cock. “What the flippin’ F are you talking Jack?”

Actually, I said quite calmly, “Outbursts? Really? Do you have specifics on this? Because I honestly do not know what you’re talking about.” He didn’t. As it turns out, he compiled my review from information he had gathered from my reps and other sups. And I know which sup had these sort of things to say. I equate this with the guy going, “Hey boss, hey look, hey look at that bus that’s coming! Do you know who would fit right underneath that?” Anyway, I was told that I should focus on how I carry myself and how people might perceive this.

Well, I call bullshit. But for the sake of getting out of that room I nodded and carried myself in a way that would allow him to perceive that I was ready to move on. But I started thinking that maybe I do come across as angry and complainy, particularly here at Billy Cleans His Plate. So I wanted to go ahead and publish a list of some things I like. I will call it:

A List Of Some Things I Like:

1) Beer. And whisky. Typically they’re mutually exclusive (having learned the evil power they hold when combined), but I will occasionally go for a bourbon neat with a beer back.
2) Kickers’ smile, particularly when I do something that seems to amaze and humor him all at once. That kid will be the death of me.
3) A drunken feast of General Tsu’s Chicken, Szechuan Hot Sauce Noodles, Steamed Chicken Dumplings and laughter, so much god damned laughter.
4) The way the sun can sometimes sneak out and hit something just the right way, something that you see on a daily basis even, and make you hold your breath at the wonder of it all.
5) Being reminded of how much love I have in my life.
6) This.
7) Bodies of water.
8) A long drive, even with nothing to think about. Oh, and talking shit about a pretty sunset.
9) Doing twosies on number one up there.
10) The idea of a room filled with the folks I love, and music, and how everything else is would pretty much be frosting.

Here comes May everyone, hope you're ready.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo ready for May. General Tso's Chicken sounds good, too. -Chuck

Dave said...

For some reason I was sure that the link in number six was going to be a Rick Roll. Imagine my disappointment.

Billy Badgley said...

Your disappointment? Dancing badgers Dave, dancing badgers.

And a snake. Ooooh it's a snake.

Dave said...

Okay, the badgers were pretty cool, I'll give you that. And the snake was okay too. But those mushrooms... I mean, come on.