Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Everything's Gone Green

I’m going to get all smoochy and gross about Seattle here for a minute, so I apologize in advance. The greens up here are blowing my friggin mind! There are so many different trees around the city and their newly shot leaves are so vibrant that it just slaps my soul around something fierce. And the flowers! Did I mention the flowers? All of these exhibitionistic little fuckers everywhere! Even the weeds are dancing in vivid purples and blues.

The last couple of days it has been clear and sunny (I’m sure the rain will come again any minute), and seeing the mountains in silhouette in front of the setting sun and the Sound bouncing back that luminous blue of twilight sky… Well, I’m pretty sure that people seeing me walk around with this blissed-out grin must think I’m stoned to the gills.

Oh and holy shit, wait! Biff and I hiked up this damp and muddy trail in the middle of this park, and it was just like tramping around in Muir Woods. In the middle of the city!

Okay, sorry. I’ll get back to sarcastic and bitchy non-sequiters…

No comments: