Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Greta May, Led Astray

Thinking about the Hand Grenade, a drink that comes in a hand grenade shaped, plastic cup, comes with its own sidewalk spokesthing:
grenade
and tastes like it were made of Everclear and Lik-M-Aid got me thinking about drink inventions.

My lovely and talented friend Greta May –

And I’m going to wreck my own flow here by stating that to post all I wanted to about Greta May would crash Blogger but good. We’re going to have to take it piece by loving piece, as always.

-attempted to create her own drink. I don’t remember what it was called (a Greta Breeze, or a Greta Fizz or something) and I don’t remember what was in it, except that it was loaded down with grenadine.

You see, Greta likes red. Greta May loves red. If red were physical and remotely phallic shaped, Greta May would have crazy, jungle sex with it. Hence the grenadine. Hence the following story:

A group of us were celebrating Reggie’s birthday at a whorehouse hotel/biker bar-restaurant. We were trashed. We had raided the place’s extremely well stocked beer locker like Vikings on a drunken mission. The bar maid was kicking us out of the place at closing time and I kindly asked if we could finish our drinks out back on their porch as we were staying in the hotel that used to be a brothel. She willingly agreed and to much drunken noise we made our way out back.

When I turned around, I found Greta May heading towards me with a fresh beverage in her hands. She was excited as I could tell from the demonic sparkle in her alcohol blurry eyes.

“Look what I found on the bar!” She shouted to me in a stage whisper.

“That’s great Greta, what is it.”

And with a priceless smile she looked me in the face and stated proudly:

“I don’t know, but it’s red!”

The next morning was not a pretty one for a lot of people at that party. Greta woke up in fantastic spirits until it sharply dawned on her that she was still drunk. All in one moment the world became an ugly, painful place for her.

I didn’t ask, but I’m pretty sure I could guess the color of her sickness.

No comments: