Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Lightning Bolts Shooting In and Out of My Lumbar

I’m cranky. I managed to throw out my back and it hurts like a bitch. I’m not sure what I did exactly, only I went in to Saturday night’s show thrilled with the anticipation of performing – thrilled more with the coming opportunity to drink myself silly with Jenny and Michael – and I left with a throbbing pain in my lower back.

Why does this suck? Well aside from the blinding pain whenever I move a certain way, it makes me feel stupid and old. And I’ve been trying to fight off that useless ‘I’m feeling old’ voice that sings in a raspy falsetto in that cabaret of the mind where all my fears sit and drink fancy and expensive cocktails, in fancy and expensive cocktail glasses, until they’re feeling bold enough to attack. It also sucks that I couldn’t give my all on Sunday during the Panda Girl visit, which would normally involve a choreographed dance routine and lots of deep knee bends.

I did get to spend a lot of time drinking and talking with Jenny, which is always good no matter what sort of crippling bodily pain is going on. We had one of those sort of frightening moments when I realized that I could see the sun coming up with the dawn and quickly skidaddled off to bed like semi-drunken vampires.

While the pain area is getting smaller, my back still freaking hurts. I’m spending a lot of time on the phone today grunting and moaning. It’s a sexy ass Tuesday for Billy’s customers. Oh yeah…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously. you could parlay those groans and moans into something quite profitable. ladies dig that, dude.

it was unspeakably nice to see you this weekend. Reasons Why It is Good to Live Here has increased several-fold, thanks to the warm sunny thought of you and yours being close. the promise of nudity and heated discussion of scientology doesn't hurt either.

xoxo,
j.a.h.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I threw my neck out this weekend on Saturday too! (We're like brothers in pain, which is almost like blood brothers or like sleeping with twins or something!!) Different cicumstances tho... instead of performing faggy theater/art, I was cruising on my chopper.

Now I can't turn my neck at all (still!) and I have apermanent blind spot. I haven't managed to hurt anything or anyone yet, but I am aparently quite amusing to the coworkers, who send me down the hall and then call my name when i am facing the other direction to watch me rotate my entire body.

Ha ha funny motherfuckers.