Thursday, August 25, 2005

Wednesday, I Even Like The Way It's Spelled

Last night was a night off, no rehearsal, no show, no stress. I sat on a stool in the breakfast nook while Biff cut my hair. A Cat Power song from What Would The Community Think was playing and a cool breeze was coming through the window like some sort of fortune teller, bringing news of fall just over the horizon.

I don’t know, there was just something great in how simple it was. I was thinking, “I hope it can always be like this”. No matter what happens, it would be nice to know that there might always be haircuts in the kitchen, the proper music for the mood and the irresistible tug of the promise of the world coming in through the window.

p.s. Here’s a review of The Crucible. If you squint, you can see me in the back right corner…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention that I had my boobs pressed in your face, while cutting the front of your hair.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and you can't go wrong with that!

Anonymous said...

Sharp scissors and soft breasts go together like peanut butter and jelly! Mmm... delicious!