Thursday, November 09, 2006

Not Quite Heaven, Not Quite Hell, But There's A Sharper Image

I just awoke from a flu-filled sleep where there lived a fever-induced dream of what purgatory is like.

It’s not that bad.

Purgatory is a ginormous river front shopping pavilion. Oh the shops that are there, my stars. I actually don’t remember what shops were there, except that they stretched on as far as the eye could see. Oh, there was a Safeway, a great big Safeway with generic looking produce. But this Safeway always seemed to be playing the Best of the Cure over the loudspeakers, but it was the latter, less enjoyable, post-Disintegration era Best of the Cure.

Everyone there was dressed fairly nicely; everyone had sunglasses. It was sunny and hot on the sidewalk, but the lazy river that curved around the shops was constantly in the shade, and cold from what I could gather.

I believe that there was a zoo somewhere in purgatory, and I believe there was also some sort of experimental lab on the premises. Which naturally brought a gaggle of protestors.

People wandered around shopping, girls were stealing the boys that their best friends were interested in. kc! and I sat on a bench singing What Is And What Should Never Be, discussing Jimmy Page’s slide playing.

I’m hoping to be back to normal tomorrow everyone – lots of rest and apple juice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUDE!! Kickass! I was in your purgatory dream... wait a minute... does that mean that spending time with me is like being in purgatory? Or that somehow I am part of the nothingness that consists within a endless shopping landscape?!

Shit.

I like the idea that purgatory is an endless moebius strip of shopping promenade which you have to never stop walking. You pause to window shop, browse through racks of anual-clearance refresh sales, and wait in lines that never go anywhere.