Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Remiss

I've been remiss in posting today. I have been doing actual work type work, and the flu that I was pretty sure that I had kicked last week with that squinty-eyed near suspicion that the fucker's just hiding, has morphed into a head cold that is slowing the world down considerably.

I've been remiss in not having eaten brussel sprouts before this weekend. Oh hell yes. Thank you again Eric , you've shown me a light that I didn't know was not on.

I was remiss in not teaching Eric the A,E and G chords on the guitar. I did bust the guitar out to show you sleepy man, but you were sleeping. Next time...

I've been remiss in not collecting stories of Mercedes' and Eric's visit to our fair city for today’s posting. I'll revisit this thought tomorrow, but as I pointed out above - worky work and head cold tired.

I was remiss in not waking up early enough to see the two of them off this morning. I awoke to find the blankets and such in neatly folded piles atop the empty air mattress where once lay a tumble of bodies. There's not a lot more that can break your heart so quickly as that.

I already miss those kids…


No!vember song of the day: For No One by The Beatles

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am remiss in that it is not Technovember.

mandy said...

for once i am agreeing with kc!.
all the others have been so positive and upbeat. and then we come to this no!vember? what kind of message is that sending billy?

Unknown said...

I think No!vember is awesome.

But that's probably just because I enjoy being contrary.

Anonymous said...

Mandy rules. Listen to her.