Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Goodbye Ranting Post, Goodbye Bowling

Oh sweet Jeebus. I was writing a diatribe about the hippies and how most youthful rebellion seems fashionable and not really a philosophy, and was boring the piss out of myself.

The summation:
1) Hippies were peddling a lifestyle of not working, drug ingestion and all the sex you could eat. Fuck yes, sign me up, but don't try to convince me that ALL hippies were trying to change the world - if it wasn't fun, they wouldn't have done it.
2) Those "fighting the good fight" today seem to have this exasperating flock mentality of not really thinking for themselves but just taking up the argument that's in fashion. It feels good to get self righteously angry about something and it must feel even better to have hundreds of people who dress like you feel the same way.

Let's leave it that shall we, move onto something that doesn't in itself sound so self righteously angry. Let's talk about Glo-Zone!
glow
Last night was the final evening of throwing rocks for the bowling league, and it was celebrated with free pizza and black light bowling. The "better ingredients, better pizza" was adequate in that it was free and kept me fulfilled food-wise while I bowled in an environment similar to a CSI agent looking for semen on a bedspread.

It's not easy to bowl well inside a cut rate rave, particularly when the flashy light machines occasionally get in your eyes, but bowling well is not necessarily the point with glo-zone. Add to the festivities your fellow leaguesters singing karaoke (including, Jeebus help us, "Living On A Prayer"), well you're lucky to break a hundred.

For what was supposed to be a laid back and fun bit of finishing up the league, many people were going at their bowling with furrowed brows and tight lipped countenance that spoke of a particularly puritanical upbringing or a mad desire to evacuate the bowels. It was up to our group of miscreants to liven things up. And liven things up we did.

Pitchers of Belgian ale, vastly inappropriate dance moves, partial nudity, touches that most people in kind society would consider molestation... We made it ours and screw those who can't stand the shocking view of our good times. Surprisingly, I walked out of the alley by 10pm and sober, which was a considerable difference compared to the rest of the season.

I also walked out with a trophy for best handicap game of 289, and it was actually my trophy. Goodbye Bowling Night, I'll miss you.


Song Stuck In My Head Right Now: “Station To Station” by David Bowie. That disco section is giving me a chub.

1 comment:

K said...

I am so damn proud of your trophy my dear. Best handicap - whooo! That was a good night.

I will miss you too, bowling, inappropriate dancing, molestation and, well, Billy and all that beautiful beer.