Monday, November 05, 2007

Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune

Persistent bad mood is… Well, persisting.

Winter blues kicking in? Possibly. No show for creative outlet? More than likely. Daylight savings? Piss off, and take any standard daylight savings complaints with you.

I was walking into downtown thinking about things to write today, and all of them were fairly complainy – which made me want to complain some more. I switched up the route this morning, feeling like I needed to switch something up. I walked past some subsidized housing, windows all dark at just past 6 AM, expect for one. I glanced in through sheer curtains to an older man sitting alone at a small table, eating breakfast to the light thrown from a naked bulb. Nothing life shattering or altering to be sure, but it changed my mind set a bit.

Until I got to work.

Just another aggravating day, again nothing life shattering or altering, but sort of a mouse trap carefully laid to start the domino chain rolling again. I’m not one of those persons who bemoans having to work for a living; I would rather do some menial task for the man than toil for sustenance for my family in a mud field. It’s aggravating, it’s soul crushing, but it’s also nobody’s fault but mine that I’m not doing something more fulfilling with my time. So it’s a bit boring to complain about the job (customers do not fall into that boredom category however). But sometimes you just have those days where you wanna poop on someone’s desk and walk out with pants down and head raised high.

Ironically, it took this day to remind me of something that had popped into my mind on the walk earlier. I’ve been blessed recently by visitations and contacts from people that I’ve been slacking on getting into contact with. You know the people who as you drift off to sleep you think, “crap, I need to call/email/stalk so and so tomorrow, I keep forgetting”? And then you continue to forget some more. I’ve had a number of these people in my mind of late.

Teri, one of the most amazing scene partners I’ve ever had, shows up from Alaska for 6 hours before catching a flight to Thailand. She’s as generous, passionate and loving as always. Erik calls and leaves a message, man I’ve been thinking about him for weeks. Also as I try to remember to catch up with Matty about his move to LA, he beats me to the email punch. It’s good to be reminded of the awesome people you have in your life, so sweet when they come to you as if they knew you needed it.

I was also thinking about how macaroni is the perfect deployment mechanism for cheese.


Song stuck in my head right now: “Call of the West” by Wall of Voodoo. Particularly the “conflict” bridge to the song and the lines: “found himself peering down the muzzle of a weapon held by a drunken liquor store owner, ‘There’s a conflict,’ he said. ‘There’s a conflict between land and people… The people have to go.’”

No comments: