Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Fun With Four AM

We're doing this fun new thing at work where... I'm not going to go too heavily into it, it bores me and it's my life it effects. Suffice it to say, today I have to come in at 5AM. This means, what with walking into the office, I need to leave my house at 4AM.

And if you're keeping up, and I know you are, you're a smart bunch, that means I get out of bed round abouts 3:30ish. Yeah, I know, things could be worse; I could be the daughter of Courtney Love.

And just for an extra kick in the dick, it was raining.

I realized this morning that I have this internal programming that tells my body it's insane to be walking city streets at 4AM, unless I'm five types of drunk and stumbling around with a partner in crime; more than likely looking for a place to pee and craving some form of pizza.

I also realized, four lines ago, that fun is a pretty subjective term. Think about the Verizon Wireless "Can you hear me now" guy. Go ahead, think about him. I'm guessing that when he started that gig he thought, "Yeah, it'll be fun to do a commercial - get this acting thing rolling." Now forever this guy will be the Can You Hear Me Now Guy. I'm sure he's constantly being approached by oh so clever people who oh so cleverly manage to slip a "Can you hear me now" into their conversation. I'm sure his hearing impaired Great Aunt Gladys is a hoot squawking out the famous catch phrase at family reunions. Can you imagine this guy showing up on *pick a crappy sitcom* as anything other than a not so sly nod to his commercials?

This poor guy may never work again. Unless he goes without the glasses and changes his hair; maybe a chestnut brown with bold highlights.

I'm tired.

No comments: