Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Grammar Rodeo

Again, I shouldn’t necessarily be getttin’ all high and mighty on bad grammar and spelling; I push grammar rules to a point that would be an affront to proofreaders, I get positively giddy by a run on sentence that makes a 100 mile super marathon look like a ride up to 7-11 for smokes and a bag of Funyuns.

But…

There are many things that I love about people from the south, their ability to put any food item that will fit in to a deep fryer into one tops the list. But right up there is the term y’all.

Y’all tickles me. The term “y’all” tickles me, not necessarily are y’all literally tickling me. But I even find something cute about pluralizing tickles after a y’all if I did mean that y’all were literally tickling me. Okay, losing it Badgley…

In written correspondence to a major corporation, one of our delightful neighbors from the south chose this as a spelling of y’all: you’ll’s.

The sheer balls of this makes me want to stand up and slowly applaud. That bitch got crazy with the Cheeze Whiz. That’s two apostrophes thrown all up in a word that shouldn’t even exist in the first place.

Bravo.

2 comments:

K said...

I hope she was from Texas. I bet that would really complete it for you.

Anonymous said...

prove it.