Friday, January 12, 2007

Puts You There Where Things Are Hollow

The blogging output this week has been pitiful, I apologize.

I didn't want to spin another yarn complaining about the ridiculous pain in my back - I realize that it's far less than fascinating. But sitting down in front of a computer today, having to constantly wince and shift positions, frankly it's all I can think about.

So, some things I've learned from the "Today" show in the past few debilitating days:
1) Madonna is a far from fascinating interview when she is being forced to peddle her wares for a cartoon she does a voice for.
2) That British accent thing, all coming and going... Stll annoys me.
3) Actors who have lost the shine of fame become tragically hilarious when trying to reclaim a bit of the ol' glory
4) When Matt Lauer had a fake hot flash done on him, he didn't enjoy it. And I was really on the edge of my seat seeing how that was going to turn out.
5) If you put glaze on a grilled shrimp too early in the cooking cycle, you will burn the sugar in the glaze dumbass.

In reference to number three up there, in a particularly cringe-worthy moment, a former "Moonlighting" star, waiting in the hallways for her interview spot, suddenly rushed in to greet Madonna as she was whisked through the hallways and out to the loving crowd, only to be politely brushed off. This former "Moonlighting" star was then interviewed by the weather guy about how they were trying to reinvent themselves on a show that currently has a moment of hip factor. The whole thing felt so "The Comeback"* that for a second I got confused that I was watching a "news" program.

*I have to highly recommend "The Comeback", an HBO show that was cancelled after its first season. It’s a really pretty brilliant bit about television stars and fame, with an amazing turn by Lisa Kudrow - just as cringe inducing as the original "The Office".

(And for our out of nowhere section) I have to highly NOT recommend The Black Dahlia. Awful. Truly terrible. At some other point I may go into detail about why this is such an abomination, but then again it draws more attention to a movie that should garner no more attention. Take this as my public service announcement for the week: Do not rent The Black Dahlia.

No comments: