Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Olive You

For something that contains no real sort of flavor, and I'm assuming little to no nutritional value (I mean they almost seem like a pointless food), I love me some black olives.

Okay yes, they obviously have a flavor, but it's small and not likely to be used in trying to define the flavor of something else. You're not likely to hear, "big and bold with lots of cherry and black olive."

Pepperoni and black olive was my pizza of choice as a youth. There was always plenty of chopped black olive for the 50's era casserole dishes that served as Americanized Mexican food. For big, festive, holiday meals you better, you better, you bet believe there was a big ol' bowl of colossal black olives, not far from a plate of pickle slices. Even today, I see black olives and I'm already looking for festivities of joy coming my way.

Black olives are 10 counts of finger bangin' fun. They turn a normal Thanksgiving kid's table into a nasal milk shoot kinda party. They’re fruit? They’re love personified and they’re what you need right now.

No comments: