Wednesday, August 15, 2007

No Mere Mortal Can Resist The Evil Of The Thriller

Song Stuck In My Head Right Now: “Thriller” by Michael Jackson; all friggin’ day.

Someone forwarded me the link to the video of prisoners performing the dance moves from the “Thriller” video, and since I have now been placed in a position of trust at work, where they feel I can handle the responsibilities of a computer with sound and video capabilities (big mistake on their part), I was able to watch it.

I don’t remember the Michael Jackson version ending with the ugly transsexual being mauled by the zombies, nor do I remember the sharpened toothbrush stabbing, but I can see how one would need to step things up for the prison guard audience.

I do remember former roommate Captain MIA freaking himself out by listening to “Thriller” alone in the middle of the night. Admittedly, it was more the Vincent Price, spoken word part, as well as the creepy horror movie laughter, but I still found it pretty damn funny that a Michael Jackson song had freaked him out.

Little did we know then...

It also me think of the time that me and Dave and Captain MIA thought it would be a good idea to get all kinds of stoned and listen to “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” by Bauhaus on one stereo, coupled with a haunted house soundtrack on another stereo on the other side of the darkened room. It was like a sound based conceptual art thing. Well, Captain MIA and I went downstairs to grab something to drink for all of us and got caught up in a stony conversation with another roommate downstairs. We lost track of time, as will happen, and suddenly Dave came running down the stairs talking about how he was getting way freaked out.

Good times. Seriously though, I cannot get “Thriller” out of my head; serious drag.

No comments: