Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What Happens When You Invite Thriller Into Your World

For some reason the below post, which I published yesterday, never showed up. I am apparently the target of a Michael Jackson supporters cabal, checking the internet-waves for MJ related materials and using their power to keep the truth from being told.

That’s fine, I’m not afraid, I will push forward and sing the truth. I think if you follow the threads far enough back, you’ll see how this group is responsible for trying to bring down Eddie Murphy.

In further paranoid schizophrenic ramblings, I think I’m being haunted by Michael Jackson; or at least my own thoughts of Michael Jackson.

Right after I published the below post, which the Michael Jackson Supporters Cabal (or MJSC) had kept off the blogosphere, I came across a banner ad with a picture of young MJ, still black and not looking like some creature design from The Lord Of The Rings trilogy. If I picked the correct name to match this picture, again it was definitely MJ, I could win a free dinner at The Olive Garden.

It was like MJ was trying to get me some Chicken con Broccoli from beyond the grave.

And then last night I was watching another in a long series of true crime/investigatory television journalism shows that I get helplessly sucked into. Last night’s was about the possibility that Jeffrey Dahmer killed Adam Walsh (the son of the host of America’s Most Wanted). And then they did the story of a scam artist in a Navy uniform who tricked like 7 women into marrying him. I’m not sure how these stories connected at all and was ready to hit the sack after the Dahmer story was over, but then they advertised the show iCaught.

iCaught, obviously meant to be associated with iPod and other things that the kids are finding hip these days, takes videos that are a hit on YouTube (so you don’t have to look at a silly website) and does a little investigatory television journalism around them. And I use the words “investigatory television journalism” loosely. But anyway, they were doing a thing on the prisoner “Thriller” dance routine.

Spooky, N’est-ce pas?

I remember being a little morally unbalanced when I first heard that prisoners were being forced to do dance routines somewhere in the Philippines, and this is the stance that the show was trying to take. The warden was the brother of the governor, the warden was using gangster (or gangsta, as the kids are saying) type tactics to make himself powerful, there was the possibilities that some dancers were dancing until their feet were bleeding.

Well I say that with new dancers, you’re bound to get some bloody feet. Ginger Rogers had bloody footsies while dancing on the set of Swing Time, and she’s an M Effing pro, so suck it up Filipino prisoners. I also say that yes, forced anything sucks, but forced dance routines beats the living crap out of forced field work. Couple that with the fact that these guys also do a take on Queen’s “Radio Ga-Ga”, and well hell, you got a prison that’s probably pretty close to working fringe theater.

1 comment:

mandy said...

they also do a bit from sister act and i hear its the governor's favorite...

i couldnt make that up