Thursday, August 16, 2007

Telegram From Tiredesville

Obsessive need to touch base. Stop.

Work is a merciless whore that will not let up, constantly busy. Stop.

Tired in a whole body sort of way that pharmaceuticals, coffee and Surfer Rosa era Pixies will not touch. Stop.

Once again going to rehearsal straight after work where I will do a scene that exhausts me to my soul, it’s a good thing, but no less exhausting. Stop.

Ever wonder why telegrams say stop all the time? Stop.

Stopped on the way home from rehearsal last night, sitting on a rock in the summer warm darkness, to talk to Hippy Jonny about life and things but mostly about his relationship that had ended and badly, and had a sudden realization that I cannot pick up everyone, but I can at least try to help dust them off. Stop.

If this were a real telegram, that last line would have cost me like three bottles of good whisky. Stop.

Telegram Sam, you’re my main man. Stop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know i happen to think you're brilliant at the dusting off. stop.