Monday, July 18, 2005

My First Seattle Show

zonegraphic
I don’t know who this guy is, or what is the story with his lips, but…

Friday night was opening night. It went so much better than I could have imagined. It felt like a good, fun show while we were rehearsing, but you never know.

The audience on Friday was phenomenal! We were getting huge reactions that I think drove us all to some of the best performing we had done as a group. It felt good. It felt really good.

Rob, who is HUGE in the theater community here in Seattle (he runs the theater that we’re doing the show in) came backstage right after and told us that it was the best Twilight Zone show that had been done in years. The guy was in nearly in tears.

I gotta tell ya, that kind of praise can drive out that normal ‘I didn’t do this part good enough’ bullshit. It was great to come out of a show feeling like you’ve done a good job, but then to have the man tell you how impressed he was, and to have the director beaming, and to have the audience seem legitimately jazzed about it… well, it’s better than vicodine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations, dear billy!!! i have marked my calendar to come see you the weekend of the 30th. i also foresee daylight whisky drinking and rampant doug martsch idol worship (where's the train to boise to stalk him?).

Anonymous said...

...just remember us "little people" when you are famous, starring in your own reality show, and talking about the size of the TVs in your Enzo Ferrari that you "just picked up".

(Don't be coy either, you and I both know it is coming)