Friday, May 12, 2006

Circular Logic

I was having an issue yesterday. Apparently the body needed a little crash time, and as I'm not smart enough to pay attention to what my body may be telling me, body went and shut down for a few hours. I spent a majority of yesterday unable to stay awake and passing in and out of murky sleep fever dreams. This reminded me of having mono when I was 16.

-Which reminded me of working at Target, my first job, where the onset of mono came on while I put price tags on hundreds of candles.
-Which reminded me of the killer grilled ham and cheese that Dave made at the Target snack bar.
-Which reminded me of the most amazing cheese omelet I've ever had - and I have no idea what made it so fucking good.
-Which reminded me of Lois the Pie Queen in Oakland, where I had said omelet.
-Which reminded me of Reggie and James, who lived near Lois the Pie Queen.
-Which reminded me of a number of drunken evenings and singing Frank Zappa with James.
-Which reminded me of listening to Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch on the old stereo when I was a kid.
-Which reminded me of my brother and I attempting to use an umbrella as a parachute by jumping off the back deck.
-Which reminded me of my brother and I jumping from his second story bedroom window, just 'cause.
-Which reminded me of some dark dream, which seemed to come through black and wavy glass, of hunched over shadow figures throwing a variety of foods off of the roofs of houses.

Where I then slowly woke up, sweating like a maniac and already feeling the too strong pull of my head on the pillow and worrying that this felt a little too much like when I had mono when I was 16.


Song Stuck In My Head Right Now: If This Is It by Huey Lewis and the News. I blame Jenny...

2 comments:

mandy said...

mono is the k-i-s-s-i-n-g disease.



your moms not feeling well either...


snap.

Anonymous said...

-Which reminded my why Bill is such a freaking genius.