Tuesday, May 09, 2006

What I Did This Weekend, by Billy

We closed our show Saturday night. There is a little bit of melancholy in knowing that the truly fun aspects of doing this show are over. It was great getting to do a show that had never been done before, doing a character that no one else had a claim to. It was great doing a show where most everyone I talked to who saw it seemed to really enjoy it. It was great doing a show where a teenager saw me afterwards and said, "You were awesome!" How can you beat being told you were awesome - that doesn't involve activities that can land you in the slammer. When we finished, some of us painted the theater floor, drinking cheap bourbon from a plastic bottle. We then moved on to a cast member's apartment where I proceeded to drink more expensive bourbon from a jelly glass.

I then went home and passed out about 7 minutes into Revenge of the Sith.

I got a haircut on Sunday morning finally, as I've been unable to do so because of the show. I was fairly nervous as the blue haired stylist clipped and buzzed. She sniffed a lot, which spoke of either a sizeable drug habit or a cold. The hectic and uncomfortable conversation led me to believe the former. She said she wanted to make her living as a dancer, but she didn't have any sort of dance training. It made me think of girls making hippie grilled cheese in Dead show parking lots talking of becoming chefs. It could certainly happen, but bad, sad odds. She did do a great job with my hair though.

Me and Biffy then went grocery shopping. Neither of us got cranky (bonus), and while we neglected to start a fake fight in the produce aisle for the enjoyment of our fellow shoppers, we had fun nonetheless.

Yesterday, I did a bunch of laundry, made some bacon, cheddar and scallion cornbread muffins (tasty) and reassessed my love of a Yo La Tengo album. It turns out I still love it, but I may not ever need to hear Neil Young's Heart of Gold again...

It was no trip to Disneyland, but not a bad weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hippie-chefs. HA!

Label me quite disappointed that I do not get to hang out with you two for a weekend--talk about some of the most fun times of my life. Then again, it is mostly my fault for stopping that way before you moved to Seattle in the first place. However, reading bits like this brings me back to the times. Sigh.

I have been dedicating my weekend life to... drumroll... getting rid of crap in storage. (and thus the "oh I found the original Ewok village" comments to recent posts). You know what? Getting rid of crap after carrying it around for 10+ years, feels super good. I get the joy of rediscovering my past, added to the pure pleasure of shredding poor credit history reports and unpayed college tuition notices from the 90's! Plus, when I get this all sorted out, I am sure I can make a killing off eBay!

Oh and before I forget, Bill, for your next acting role, please make it in a movie so that I can at least rent the DVD afterwards!? Do that for me, willya?

Anonymous said...

PS. It's official... balls are the new tits! (http://72.10.45.167/content/balls-are-the-new-tits.jpg)

mandy said...

can i have the ewok village kc!?

billy, i see no mention of a lovely night at bills, over a romantic plate of meatBALLS, cheese and 1$ tecates... im hurt, really.

Anonymous said...

sorry sugar, I get so mixed up what with my working Saturday that I forget Friday is part of a weekend as well.

Meatballs in a literal flood of cheese and $1 Tecates were a highlight of the weekend.

But fuck Journey! I've had Oh Sherry stuck in my head for the last hour or so. Not Journey, I know, but Steve Perry can lick my ass...

Anonymous said...

OH!! you are THAAAAAT Mandy! I see now.