Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Showbee, the Finger Man

I have an ouchy on my finger that resembles a face. There are two red dots like angry eyes and a cut along one if the finger wrinkles like a mouth. I'm having myself a little finger theater...

"What's going on Billy," finger boo-boo says with a voice that is reminiscent of a phlegmatic ventriloquist’s dummy. "You look sad."

"I'm not sad, Finger Man, it just that sometimes it takes so much energy to put up with people who are not bright and refuse to take responsibility for their actions."

"I know what you mean. One time, when I was in grade school, there was this other kid named Oliver who would always bring in Lego’s. Not like Lego sets, but just individual Lego’s. And never the same piece; one day there would be a blue block with 6 pegs, the next day a red one with 8 pegs. I said to Oliver, I said, "Hey Oliver, if Lego’s were ham sandwiches and you had a castle made out of fool's gold..."

"Finger Man, you never went to grade school."

"The hell I didn't! Ask my friend, Tricky Dick!"

Enter a grinning, photo-copied head of Richard Nixon, glued to a stick and sounding vaguely reminiscent of Mr. T.

"Tricky Dick don't like you calling Finger Man a liar!"


To be continued? Probably not...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What's the answer to this equation, Billy? I need to know.
"...if Lego’s were ham sandwiches and you had a castle made out of fool's gold..."