Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday Cloudy Sodo District Vent Day

Okay, can we talk here for a minute. The morning started out good, great in fact, it was all dark out when I left this morning and I was particularly digging it. Frank Black on the radio... But then a succession of things has got me steaming now a scant few hours later.

Nikki 2 K's mentioned the other night that he appreciates the fact that I don't complain. It was sweet of him to say, and I almost feel like I'm letting him down by continuing in this way, but I do complain. Sometimes I gotta get some shit out, and this is one of those days.

Things Driving Billy Particularly Bug Shit At The Moment:

1>People who do not cover their mouths when they cough.

2>Celebrity publicists ensuring some pretty, but marginally talented people are constantly in the thought stream of the public.

3>Bitchy, passive-aggressive emails from a "friend". Always awesome, always inspires me to want to seek out further contact.

4>I feel the need to reiterate that last one on the list here. Bitchy, passive-aggressiveness just really pisses me off in general. I'm only surprised this time it wasn't from my mother.

5>Credit cards, on which I have a zero balance, charging me a $98 "membership fee". And then when I call to have that fee removed, having the phone rep try to sell me on some protection plan for the card. Then having to firmly tell her 3 times that I do not want it. She starts practically yelling at me that it's a "beautiful program" and I am then forced to put on my "I'm not fucking around" voice and tell her that I have heard her explain the program and have made myself more than clear in regards to not wanting this program. This, by the way, is the same company that called for weeks and left me harassing messages about late payments on a mortgage that I do not have because they researched their customer's phone number online and apparently getting the correct last name was enough for them, never mind having the wrong first name, address and city... When I asked if this membership fee would return again next year, I was told yes. I asked to cancel the card and was then asked in a shocked tone if I was sure. "I'm absolutely, fucking sure," I replied.

Okay I feel a little better now, sorry for that. That knot of tension just below my right shoulder is subsiding a bit. I'm no longer twitching uncontrollably and fashioning small, plastic weapons.

Biffy's goin' southbound this weekend, leaving me at home to my own devices. Normally, I'm a big fan of this. My devices tend to run the gamut of a lot of whisky, pizza, video games, god awful horror movies (sometimes Led Zeppelin's Song Remains The Same) and guitar playing. This weekend however, I will be spending 10 hours a day in the theater for tech rehearsals. So no solo apartment fun, and no Biffy when I do get home...

But I still have Frank Black doing Sunny Sunday Mill Valley Groove Day on my headphones right now. It makes me goofy, hippy dance in my chair. Not everything is wrong with my world.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

why would you need a credit card protection on a credit card that has $0 balance???
WTF??

Unknown said...

did i send you an e-mail?

Billy Badgley said...

No, but you did try to sell me on a protection plan for my credit card.

I don't know why I call you about that...

Unknown said...

I don't know either. It's hurtful when you cancel your service with me.

Anonymous said...

Now you got me worried over passive-aggressiveness (nevermind not even knowing what it is)... and i didn't even send you an email.

I understand about being alone. I am preparing myself to embark on a new function in life: living in LA and working in SF. Wow. I will work up there every other week until Decemberish-time.

It feels weird to leave my lovely wife alone in a strange forbidden place, and it feels weird ot have a 6 hour commute--especially when I hated the 45 minute commute I had before.

But hell, it is a paycheck and a pretty sweet situation so I will make the best of it. Did I mention already that we live in the pimpest loft in LA? No, seriously we do.

a very small portion of our view: http://www.garden2.net/see/webcam.html

Kelly Bean said...

Can I just say that, the amount of coughing in GENERAL that has gone on at work lately is more than irritating? It's not even winter yet. I'm not quite sure how I'll make it through that if it's this bad already.

And thank heaven above that I didn't notice anyone failing to cover their mouths today. I might have poked their eyes out with my pinky.

Sometimes I complain too.