Friday, September 22, 2006

Was Created Below

A week ago we opened the show that has run me ragged...
SoulPoster_copy_lores[1]

Magical words by Denis Johnson and amazing performances by a gifted group of actors that I am truly honored to be sharing a stage with. The play is dark and funny and disturbing and dense, and honestly just feels like we're doing something meaty and worthwhile. From what I can tell, we're getting the audiences totally into it, even if they don't necessarily understand everything.

Jenny and Michael came up from Portland last weekend and saw the show (well to see an exhibit of Henry Darger's work at the Frye, but the timing coincided deliciously). Oh how I love these people. Michael has this dry yet childlike sense of humor that has me enamored of him but good. And while I have written previously of the characteristics of Jen Jen, I will say that what I love about her right now, at this moment, is the way she can sit so regally moments before she completely loses her shit and laughs a small storm.

In other news, Chris and Greta got themselves their very own house in Willits. I'm feeling the excitement for them, that dizziness. I'm feeling a mad desire to get down there and christen that house in fucking style.

In further other news, it's getting more and more difficult to indulge in denial that there is a child well on its way. It's tough to ignore that growing but adorable tummy, as well as the squirming of the critter inside it whenever I lay down and put my arm around it. It's getting damn near impossible to dodge the slew of panic attacks that make me want to lock myself in a room, point with both thumbs and shout out to the fates, "Really? This guy? A father?".

But then I calm the hell down and think about the crazy, intricate solo this jazz odyssey of a life is about to take. How can you not dig that, not feel the rush?


Zeptember song of the day: Dazed and Confused.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i didn't get a chance to properly tel you how much i liked the play and how crazy proud of your contribution to it. you're doing it, billy! the cast and crew of i smell curry would be especially proud. i know gobo and fresnel are.

very proud. very glad to have you as a most righteous friend. even if it does involve looking at pictures of young naked girls with both varieties of netherly parts.