Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Cocktails And Deep Fried Tater Tots

Tuesday nights are now bowling nights, which makes for some less than heavenly Wednesday mornings. Last night I bowled a nice, steady crap fest. All three games broke a hundred, but barely. When I joined the league last year, I said to myself, "hey, if I break 100 a game I'm happy." It turns out that this is sort of bullshit.

It's like saying to myself, "hey, if I reach one person in the audience, if I can move that one, I feel like I've done something." Yeah, I'm not going to be really happy until I move everyone in that damn audience. And truth be told, I probably would still find something about my performance to be upset about. Sometimes I ask a lot from myself, sometimes I just want a potent drink.

Which brings us, finally, to the real point of this post.

There is the Boilermaker, a drink that has seen some days and some down and outters drinking 'em down. A pint of cheap beer and a shot of cheap whisky, the Boilermaker (or plain ol' 'beer and a shot') is meant to be drunk up fast. In some circles, the shot is dropped into the beer. This twist sort of seems like the bright idea of a drunken 22 year old, but some of my best ideas came about when I was a drunken 22 year old.

Last week, I learned about a take on the Boilermaker called the Irish Car Bomb. Ya get yourself a pint of Guinness, drop in a shot of Jamison's Irish Whisky and Bailey's Irish Cream, then you chug it down before the Bailey's can go and curdle on you. Some people say it tastes like chocolate milk. I cannot verify that as I was already pretty trashed and could only really think, "let's go to Taco Time."

One of the best things I heard after about 5 of us did these mad bastards was, "now lets get home before this hits."

And hit they will my friends. There's a reason why the word bomb is part of this drink. It's like a big ol' drunk bomb of drunkeness that will leave you pondering the general state of you and how the hell did you get lip balm where you did.


Confidential to Issach in Papillion, NE: I need you to remember pal, it's just like the sign says -
anytimeis

3 comments:

mandy said...

i hold a special place in my heart for irish car bombs...
you know the night is going to be a good one when it starts off with a few of those...
mmmmmmmmmmmm.
this weekend perhaps. riley can watch.

Billy Badgley said...

It's beginning to disturb me how much Aunt Mandy wants Riley "to watch".

mandy said...

please. you like it.
he will too.