Thursday, March 22, 2007

2 Years

Billy Cleans His Plate is two years old today. I was hoping to hit the 500 post mark today so we could celebrate two meaningless milestones in one day, but I came a little short. Two years ago, I tossed out a simple little paragraph about that funny little two person, trying to get around you dance. Was I ever that young?

If I could go back and tell anything to the two years ago version of myself, typing away at that temp half desk, well I probably wouldn't for fear of messing up the space-time continuum. But if I got over that, I would tell the two years ago version of myself:
1) When Bif tells you she's pregnant, avoid that long stage of freak out, completely unnecessary.
2) Settle down, yeah, Bif's gonna get pregnant. Seriously it's cool.
3) All right, put your head between your legs and breathe. I'm not kidding, it's going to be rad.

Once I calmed down, I might also let me know that Chris Marker's Sans Soleil is coming out on DVD in a couple of years, as is the long awaited release of El Topo, but then again I wouldn’t want to deprive me of the slight rush I got when I found this out on my own. Oh, and don't wait so long to pick up Velvet Underground's White Light/White Heat, you'll thank me (you) for it.

Thanks to all of you once again for providing the illusion that my random thought processes are entertaining.


Confidential to kc!: I've meant to call you back for like 5 days and I'm feeling lame about it, I'm sorry.
Confidential to Panda Girl: Congrats! You're a sexy little minx!

3 comments:

mandy said...

in the book the time travellers wife, said time traveller visits his pubescent self and gives him a happy ending.
why wouldnt THAT be one of the things you do?

mandy said...

oh yeah, and happy 2 year anniversary.
buy yourself some cotton...

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, dude! And don't be modest... you write some of the most compelling content on the internet.

Ps. No worries about calling me back... we will chat when the time is right.