Friday, March 23, 2007

At The Anarchist Collective

Montgomery carefully poured liquid into a pitcher, making sure that Adam was watching with just the right amount of interest and reverence. "And now we add the ingredient which makes this so volatile, the key ingredient, the one thing that will allow for the lasting impression that we're hoping for, what the French call the 'water of life'," Montgomery raised his eyebrows impressively. "Crème de menthe!"

"Um," Adam looked at him questioningly. "I'm basing this on the small amount of French that I've managed to pick up from Pepe le Pew and the flip side of Canadian groceries, but I think that crème de menthe actually means... cream... of mint?"

Montgomery glared at him. "Do you want to make this bomb?"

"Not at all."

"Because, I can walk away, I can forget about the knowledge that I've gathered over the years and let a hack like you take care of it, to endanger us all. Do you want me to do that?"

"No."

Montgomery measured out first one shot glass of the crème de menthe and then a second, pouring them both into the pitcher. He slowly stirred the pitcher, holding his breath. He let the contents settle before picking up the pitcher and slowly pouring the contents into a series of glasses. "You learned things from Pepe le Pew? The capitalist tool?" Montgomery asked.

"Well I learned that he couldn't tell the difference between a female skunk and cat with a well placed but accidental white stripe of paint."

"Okay everyone! Here's my world famous Time Bomb, come and get ‘em. Cheers! Now let's talk about how to stop that Chuck E. Cheese from going in."

No comments: