Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Staying Afloat

I'm in a good mood, honest I am, but there's a lot of irritants out there trying to sink me.

The guy who injured himself on a box that he spent a minute and half staring at while he was peeing, and is now demanding that I call him back to discuss restitution? Not gonna to work beyotch....

The worries that I will never be able to keep up with Frank Black's recorded output (and it is a true and crippling worry)? Uh-uh, no way you're gonna tear me down.

The annoying sound of clanging metal balls, a mish mash of noisy conversations and the robot fart noise of an air conditioning fan on the fritz above me is trying to worm its way in, but I'm fighting. I'm fighting damn it!

A sudden sadness for the loss of innocence that came with realizing I haven't seen a grade school film strip in many a year, and the realization that Power Point was destroying the important lessons taught through still frames of celluloid narrated by a cassette tape that beeped to alert the teacher to advance to the next frame, it all almost over came me.

I started to realize that film strips are an art form that are not being utilized. I'm trying to imagine the perfect venue...

Oh, and confidential to dude in the convertible RED Audi that came close to running me down as I crossed the street this morning: Most guys drive those kind of cars because they're trying to compensate for something (and seriously, red?), but it was the revving of the engine as I finally moved out of your way that proved the point. You and your two inches of glory couldn't bring down my day, cheers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hey are you busy this weekend??

Billy Badgley said...

I don't think so. Did you wanna work on a film strip art project with me?

Anonymous said...

only if it's about the large intestines. and you wear this.

Billy Badgley said...

Done and done!

Anonymous said...

j.h.
i remember that guy and even at a young age, he totally freaked me out and made me feel funny. I think he should be my new mascot.