Thursday, January 31, 2008

With One Hour Of Television

Sweet Mother McJuggles, what an effing day.

It’s getting a bit old, this work thing, I’m sure almost as old as hearing about it. Wanna hear about a baby crazy cranky with molars coming in? Molars that apparently take 3 and a half months to make their appearance? Neither do I.

I will say that as The Simpson’s keeps the Kickers placated for half an hour, I had the TV on for a bit. And in just a half an hour, I learned such things. Oh, the things I learned.

Firstly, there’s the Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus concert coming to theaters in Disney 3-D. I’m not sure what many of those words mean when they’re strung together like that. But by the sound of the voice over actors voice, I should be really freakin’ excited about it. You might say it’s a once in a lifetime sort of thing this Miley Montana 3-D thing.

Excited, me, for sure.

Second, guess what’s opening on Valentine’s Day? Don’t really guess, I won’t hear you. Step Up 2: The Streets. I am completely unsure what Step Up 1 is, but from the commercials it appears to be partners from either side of the economic divide coming together, learning something about themselves, and dancing their asses off. It’s directed by Jon Chu, the commercial goes on to excitedly tell me. The commercial tells me this in the same sort of hushed, excited tone that I feel a commercial would tell me that the long lost actual first Orson Welles film had been found.

Jon Chu? Jon Chu! Do you know what Jon Chu has done besides Step Up 2: The Streets? Silent Beats. What? You’ve never head of Silent Beats? You’re not alone.

And before I was finally able to extricate myself from the pull of the TV, there was one more commercial.

WalMart, that bastion of all things American, informed me via their marketing folks that there will be all kinds of women all over the country making food and putting snacks into bowls this weekend for their burly men who will continue to sit on the couch watching the Superbowl. Afterwards, I’m sure the women will go back to the kitchen and clean it up, ‘cause well that’s what women do – they don’t watch football.

Sometimes I get so tired…

No comments: