Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Now Just Warm Blooded, Check It And See

Wow, that posting seems like days ago! I’m feeling better, a lot more clear-headed anyway. For awhile there all I could do was laugh at my ridiculous situation; my first phone call this morning was a bute!

The whole experience reminded me of an idea. While I’m kind of a baby about getting sick (I want to be left alone and I want to feel better, NOW damn it!), I also kind of like that light headed, hallucinogenic come on feeling that a fever brings. It’s like doing drugs for free. I would probably be a bigger baby about things if I didn’t get a sort of perverse happiness from being sick.

Anyway, the idea was a story about plague junkies, people who pay for stronger and stronger diseases whose side effects got them off. Patches of mold could be sold on street corners. Dealers with connections would have this great pharmaceutical shit. Junky kids would experiment with growing their own cultures in their closets.

I might still take a crack at it, who knows.

Thanks to kc! I believe it your “Luck!” that pushed me through…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your idea sounds like it could be a nice Burroughsian piece! (Meant as a compliment)

Glad my Luck!(tm) helped. That will be $5, payable to Evilfunkgenius Industries.

Anonymous said...

Is that tax deductable?

And can I pay in whiskey next time I see you? Maybe whiskey and lap dances?