Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Dripping Pan

This last year, I have been into the Casserole; heavy into the casserole. I don’t know what it is exactly.

I can do a little cooking, I know my around a kitchen a bit. Still, I have been inundated with this desire to throw noodles and sauce and odds and ends into a big dish and bake till bubbly.

I’m going to release an EP titled that, “Bake Till Bubbly”.

Tuna noodle casserole? Oh shit yeah! I’ll throw some peas in there in a lame attempt to make it feel healthier, diced red peppers as a way to gussy it up… I have been obsessed lately with making homemade mac and cheese.

It’s cheap, it’s filling, it’s comfort food, and it makes me feel like a mother in the 50’s when I make it. It doesn’t help that I wear a housedress.

When I came to work this morning I had this picture taped to my monitor:
b&k
It had “What’s she laughing at?” scrawled across the bottom.

I will tell you now, she is not laughing. She is amazed by my two story “beef-a-roni” casserole.

No comments: