Thursday, February 09, 2006

Spring Succeeds

It was a strange coworker day yesterday. There was this thick, metallic sort of feel in the air, like if you tried connecting with anyone you were going to throw off sparks. And me, I think that I can help everyone, but this was dangerous weather...

There was a particularly nasty instance of someone in a bad mood, which is fine, we all get them, but when you purposefully attempt to pull your coworkers down into your quagmire, that's asinine and immature.

I want to start a production company called 'Asinine and Immature'.

Anyway, I was well on my way to a foul mood when I was leaving for my walk home, but I managed to catch that last magic bit of deep glowing blue setting sun sky as the downtown buildings were caught between shining from the outside and from within. The Wrens were playing in my ear, She Sends Kisses breaking my heart. You could feel the shift happening, you could sense that soul cracking, optimistic rush of spring coming.

It's still bitter cold, but for a moment anyway there's a break to the rain that seems to have driven everyone a little crazy this winter. And now there seems to be a tension riding the waves; people perhaps made nervous by the potential that lays ahead, that sky blown open feeling that spring can afford.

The late fall/winter has been a difficult one, as far performing goes, for me. There was a general sense of few parts out there, but also not getting the few auditions that I went out for made me want to curl up a little bit. I've had a couple of auditions in the last couple of weeks that have bolstered that wounded pride a little bit. The first one earned a callback, the second landed me a part.

I'm back on a stage y'all. Dig it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY BILLY! Congrats, HunPoi.

Anonymous said...

yay. billy on a stage.

mandy said...

yay yay yay