Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Ghost Of Kiss-Mas Past

It was a party, a party affectionately called a "kiss-mas" party. So there was a celebration of Christ and lots of kissing. And by celebration of Christ, I actually mean insane amounts of alcohol consumption. The party was being held at a house where congregated a group of Burning Man fanatics - it comes into play later...

There were a number of coworkers there, and let me take a moment to badly describe the work situation at the time. The group of us that worked on the ground floor were, as a group, some of the most deliciously hedonistic people ever to scare the bridge and tunnel crowds in North Beach on a Friday night. There was a closeness and lack of boundaries that took an ATV across the border of inappropriateness. Drunken molestation wasn't only common, it became expected. There was undressing in public places where it wasn't really appreciated. There were spankings administered by the boss, behind closed doors...

So four of us at the party, all hopped up on booze and wanton kissing, decided it would be a good idea to take over the bathroom downstairs. I can't say whose idea it was, or why it seemed like a good one, but we all got into the shower together. Nothing sexual or depraved, we just stood in the shower, fully dressed, and talked and continued drinking from our plastic keg cups.

At some point, one of us found purple hair dye, used for some arcane Burning Man ritual, and Jeben and I decided that we would dye our pubic hair this grape Kool Aid purple. Actually, and memory may be playing tricks with me here, the dye actually smelled like grape Kool Aid. I want to say it was Jeben who sagely advised putting Vaseline around the hair area so as not to dye our skin, and I want to say that because when I'm straight in the middle of whiskey soaked pube dying trip, I tend to jump in all willy-nilly and not consider consequences.

So, in a beautiful moment that was remarkably chaste considering the people involved (I mean no one saw any part of anyone else’s body that the bathing suit covers), we attempted the great purple pube experiment.

It didn't take.

But the best post party comment I've ever heard came about because of this. One of the party throwers came to work Monday and stated, "Okay, I went to take a shower and found all these muddy footprints and a jar of Vaseline."

So proud to be a part of that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it really did smell like grape.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jenny, I didn't want to incriminate you, so I appreciate you coming forward on your own.