Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Ghosts Of July

I apologize, I’ve walked into a wild rat’s nest of work and angry customers. There’s much I want to write, but little time to do so.

I will say that yesterday was the 4th of July, obviously, and the highlight of every 4th previous was the same yesterday – lots of beer. And then there were the fireworks. We got to spend the evening at Mandy and Jason’s, and they have a prime view of the Lake Union fireworks. I think my personal favorites were this sort that I had never seen before.

These cones of sparkling wonder rose SLOWLY in the air, taking their time. They reminded me of Kleenex ghosts.

If you don’t know what a Kleenex ghost is, take a Kleenex (or your cheap, generic brand tissue) and make a ball out of the center, leaving the rest to hang down below the ball like a tissue skirt.
ghost

You can put tape beneath to bulbous head part if you choose, but my own preference is to draw a scary face as such:
ghostface

Voila! Happy Birthday America!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, this entry is acting wiggedty to me. Must be the ghosts. Ghosts like to do that.

Boo.

mandy said...

i like the ones that looked like your mom.