Friday, July 07, 2006

Ode To The Gnome That Lives In My Coffee Pot

I know it was you that broke the latch that keeps the lid down.
And I know that it's you that sometimes pees in the pot.
I already told you that I was sorry for trying to wash you out with vinegar,
But you hold a grudge like nobody's business.
I'm always amazed that you don't drown up inside there,
But you're far too wily
Far too ornery for that.
I think it's mega-awesome that you often sing Karma Chameleon in French.
I know I spend a lot of time
Fussing around with the machine,
Measuring out the beans,
But I want to thank you Leroy,
For the magic you perform.
You help get my Sundays past that regretful, suicidal stage.
I'm sorry you didn't get on Rock Star:Supernova
You would have showed Tommy Lee a thing or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! I have gnomes too, only, they live in the trash area instead and take to bitin' my ankles when I walk by.

Anonymous said...

I thought the blue tape was for decoration!