Saturday, October 14, 2006

A Day In The Life

I went to bed sort of angry, woke up relatively the same way and I don't know, there's something about dragging my ass down here early on a Saturday morning to deal with nimrods who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions and have a hugely inflated sense of entitlement that’s just bound to sort of keep me hovering in that place.

So after listening to a staunch Republican author on the radio on the way in state that he felt the party was heading down a dangerous path and recommending that Republicans who felt similarly should vote outside the party if necessary, and after witnessing screenshots of American flag Speedos and tattoos of a crucified Jesus wrapped in the American flag as some people's idea of patriotism, my mind couldn't help but start to focus on Patricia Birch, the director of Grease 2.

Patricia is a Tony nominated choreographer and helped to bring to life the exciting ladder dance in the above mentioned movie when Michelle Pfeiffer sang "Cool Rider". And hey, did you know that Grease 2 is also known as Son of Grease?

Okay, I probably took that bad joke too far. I started to obsess over statistics of the current Iraq war. Over 600,000 civilians have been killed since our invasion of Iraq. CIVILIANS! Just to try to put that into perspective a little bit. Taking every posting I have done on this blog since April of 2005 into account, the total number of words don't add up to 600,000; the number of letters used in those posts do not add up to 600,000.

Over 600,000 civilians dead…

I wonder, seriously, if anyone has shared this number with W. I mean I'm sure he gets briefings of some sort, briefings that I assume are read to him while he giggles over his Junior Jumble, but somehow I feel that his minders are keeping the bloody reality from him. Not that it would make a difference to this dangerously inept and stupid man if he knew or not.

Okay, that's kind of a downer. I also thought about squirrels today. They're cute.


Rocktober song of the day: Purr by Sonic Youth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't forget about the American flag wedding dress or the red white and blue steel belted radials, cause these colors don't run...

Unknown said...

W. knows about that body count, and claims that it's grossly overrated and inaccurate.

I thought that would cheer you up a little bit.

I'm sure he thinks the Holocaust never happened, too. Or that only a couple hundred people were killed by Hitler.

Anonymous said...

600,000 squirrels would be extra cute.