Wednesday, October 18, 2006

One Rainy Wish

I walked to work in the rain this morning, the first time in awhile. I don't mind the rain. Yet... I do enjoy watching other people having to do their mandatory couple of blocks with faces that makes it look like they've swallowed steroid soaked goat poop, doing everything humanly, and hysterically, possible to avoid getting wet.

Don't any of them remember how bad they wanted to run around in the rain and splash in the puddles when they were younger?

And okay, yeah, if I had the power to wake up in the morning and say, "today, the weather on my walk will be...", I probably would not choose rain. But I don't have that power. I barely have the power to speak complete sentences and make it into the bathroom without bumping painfully into something when I wake up in the morning.

"Is it wet outside?" I get asked when I approach my desk, pretty well soaked. Yes, very clever, clever coworker, it is wet outside. Now go back to your row and eat more witty pills.

Nikki 2 K's threw down a little Muddy Waters on my desk, first thing, and I say thank you Nikki 2 K's. It was absolutely a great way to start a gray, rainy, work day. But I'm now filled with the desire to go back home, put some blues records on the record player and lay on the floor and listen, letting all of those dark gray, muted, rain day shadows float around the apartment. I want the cats to come cuddle up. I want some soup and grilled cheese.


Rocktober song of the day: Bone Machine by Pixies.

4 comments:

mandy said...

you know what sounds good to me on rainy days.
tim tam fuckin slams.

Billy Badgley said...

Mandy, I'm concerned you're turning into a Tim Tam whore.

mandy said...

your fear is valid.
at least its tim tams this time around.

heeeey!

Anonymous said...

...and pickles!