Thursday, May 10, 2007

Notable Quotables

"It's a silly movie. ... There just isn't much there. Once you take it all apart, there's not much story, is there?" - George Lucas reviewing Spider Man 3.

I'm not really sure that George Lucas has earned the right to critique someone else’s special effects extravaganza, it reminds me of glass houses and black kettles and what not. This is like George W feeling all superior... well, to anyone. This is coming from a man who took a good adolescent male fantasy epic and introduced 2 forms of cancer called "Episode 1" and "Jar Jar Binks".

Upon encountering unfamiliar Canadian poppy quarters, U.S. Army contractors, traveling in Canada, said that they filed confidential espionage accounts about them. The worried contractors described the coins as "filled with something man-made that looked like nano-technology."

I guess I hope that U.S. Army contractors will be somewhat rational, I guess I expect too much out of people representing my country. My only guess is that these guys enjoyed some of Canada's over the counter codeine and went back to their hotel room to read a bunch of cyberpunk. Seriously? Nano technology? On a frigging quarter? Did these guys think Canada was trying to take over the world with their nano spy quarters? Don't they know Canadian quarters end up gathering dust in some novelty ashtray on a bookshelf? You can't even use 'em in a vending machine for Christ's sake. I haven't seen paranoia like this since I convinced my tripping roommate that the pizza man knocking on the door was actually building security.

"The American public who support Paris are shocked, dismayed and appalled by how Paris has been the person to be used as an example that drunk driving is wrong. She provides hope for young people all over the US and the world. She provides beauty and excitement to (most of) our otherwise mundane lives. If the late former President Gerald Ford could find it in his heart to pardon the late former President Richard Nixon after his mistake(s), we undeniably support Paris Hilton being pardoned for her honest mistake as well." - wording on a petition to keep Paris Hilton out of prison.

Wow, I don't know what to say. Oh yeah I do; fuck you, you sniveling cunt. You were drunk driving after being busted for already drunk driving. You can afford to have your skanky ass driven around in a limo, but you were dumb enough to get popped twice. No one is making an example of you, you are finally being held responsible for your actions for the first time in your spoiled life. The thought of you going to prison has brought so much happiness to my life that I only regret that you will not be being locked up in a male prison where all those post modern prison house fears, that sometimes keep the white collar section of America in line, could be perpetrated on you by big, sweaty convicts. If Fox's marketing gurus were on top of it, they would be planning the next season of The Simple Life around this; Paris crying through puffy, blackened eyes and Nicole pressing her withered breast against the glass of the visitor's vestibule.

But I'm being too harsh, after all Paris has brought beauty and excitement to my otherwise mundane life. And anyone who compares themselves to Nixon is okay in my book.

Just some things that I have read in the last couple of days to recharge my cynical battery, just wanted to share.


Song Stuck In My Head Right Now: "Bedbugs and Ballyhoo" by Echo And The Bunnymen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you use your blog prettier than a twenty dollar whore.