Wednesday, May 23, 2007

This One Is For The Bronze

This one is for Greta who shot a charge into me when we first spoke on the phone, which managed to stick around and multiply whenever she is in the vicinity. It's for the crazy dance and the morning song and the fact that she wears EVERYTHING on her sleeve, even when it's not so easy to do so.

This one is for Chris, one of the brightest, absolute drop down funny, and kindest men I will ever have the joy of sharing life with. He's like the best sort of drug, he can calm me, he can excite me, he can put things into a perspective that wouldn't have occurred to me. I love him fiercely and trust him with my life.

This one is for Bif, for so many of those everyday reasons like being loving and kind and for being an amazing mother and friend, but this one is mostly for the laugh. You don't go to the laughter to fill an empty space, or to diffuse an uncomfortable situation, you go to laughter 'cause it's the first thing that occurs to you to go to, and it makes me feel like I'm floating. But this one is also because your smell, and the way you feel, the sound of your voice is like "home"; a word with so many malleable word definitions, but very definite emotional ones.

This one is for a late night drive, a bottle of Highland Park, and White Russians in an all night bowling alley just outside of Reno. This one is for one of the worst hotel rooms I've ever spent three hours in, 2 for 1 coupons and again that Highland Park.

This one is for adventures made into everyday occurrences and everyday occurrences turned into adventures. This one is for beer and garlic fries. This one is for the agony and the ecstasy and the calm moments of contentment and the fights in hot and dirty foreign cities and the sheer power of love. This one is for the whole ball of wax kids.

Till the wheels come off...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See...I told you!

mandy said...

happy 8 years y'all

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, chris typed a really excellent versary wish/reply last night but apparently neither one of us was in a position to properly operate heavy machinery. Thus the words disappeared into the magical sphere of cyperspace, never to be heard or seen again. Trust me when I tell you his post woulda made you teary. That guy...

Here's to you Billy Badgely! Roll on.