Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Is This A, Uh... What Day Is This?

Man, I am losing all track of time and date today. Purpose seems to be staying strong with confusing the living bejeezus out of people, that and quick impressions of what I would be like as a deranged street person. But for some reason I can’t keep an accurate tally in my head of what day we’re on, and this day has gone by in a blur of angry customers and philly cheese steak dreams.

Almost as if the idea were a communicable disease of sorts, things started to get a little loose with a complaint about hallucinogenic water. Yeah, allegations that someone’s ice water was dosed. And, by the by, not the first time I have dealt with this sort of fraudulent complaint.

It made me think that there was a time in my life that I would not have considered complaining about having a hallucinogen put in my beverage; I would have thanked the universe and found the nearest playground for an 8 hour swing-a-thon.

On top of consistently forgetting where in the week we are exactly, I feel like there was a lot of stuff I was to get done today that did not, in fact, get done. I can say that I laughed for an inappropriately long time at a web banner that read:

“Isn’t it time you did something about your severe underarm sweating?”

That’s pretty effing direct. Plus I’m oddly entertained that they make the point of pointing out something should be done about your SEVERE underarm sweating. Your piddling underarm sweating is of no concern. Is this a new medical condition? Is severe underarm sweating the new restless leg syndrome? Will it get shortened down to SUA for easier digestion?

There will undoubtedly be some severe underarm sweating when I walk home in the 90 degree plus heat today, and frankly I’m not sure it’s time I did something about it. The severe neck sweating that shall occur by the time I reach the summit of Pine Street is another story though.

I don’t want to complain about the weather, ‘cause man that’s annoying and boring, but I do wish there was a cold pool and a bottle of ouzo waiting at the end of that hike.

There’s not.

I’m hoping for a fresher start tomorrow, less time slippage and more hustle.


Song Stuck In My Head Right Now: “Stray Dog And The Chocolate Shake” by Grandaddy. Okay, mostly the high pitched, “supervisor” at the beginning. And okay, mostly the thought of Harpoon, in a high pitched voice saying, “supervisor”.

3 comments:

mandy said...

there IS however a pool at the 24 of which you will be my new gym buddy!

you have no choice in the matter.

Anonymous said...

dude, i really don't think you want that ouzo. it just leads to tasting potty. do you get me?

ps. don't mix with metaxa.

Anonymous said...

You need an iPhone. It has a really fancy calendar on it and you can get the weather too. Plus it has an iPod and internet! Yes, of course there is also the whole "phone" thing too but that is quite passe by now anywayz.

Ps. What can you do for SEVERE nipple sweating (SNS)?