Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Results May Vary

I was going to do something about the inevitability of Scooter being set free, how at least the newscasters had the good sense to not act surprised, and how for quite some time Bush will be the punchline for any joke needing someone ignorant, corrupt or grossly incompetent. But then I realized that I’m feeling good, I’m feeling fine, and I would like to stay a little bit positive before the meeting I have scheduled this afternoon saps every bit of good will I have.

Plus, I’m feeling the call of tapping into my lust for lists. And so, for this fine and sunny day, I present you My Favorite Things as of July 3rd:

1) The briny smell of the Puget Sound as I walked past Pike Place market this morning and through the shady room temperature air.

2) Cold beer.

3) The idea of sitting on Mandy and Jason’s porch tomorrow, drinking said cold beer.

4) Doing something that made the entire cast laugh during rehearsal last night.

5) Having a son who, barring the usual dirty diapers/out of sweet potatoes fuss fest, smiles a lot. I’d like to think I have something to do with it, but in actuality I think I’m just lucky.

6) “2+2 = 5” by Radiohead. Gets me pumped up big time.

7) The memories of a festival show called This Ain’t No Picnic that have been floating around my head for the last few days.

8) I want to give someone the knick name “Captain Dynamite”

9) The embryonic plans for a south bound road trip in the coming months.

10) Lots of deep blue water under a sky that stays lit for twilight past 10.

No comments: