Monday, September 26, 2005

Brain Damage, Or You Know, Serious Brain Damage

So I’ve developed a habit of attempting handstands while I’m drunk. For the most part they’ve gone okay, but Friday night I managed one that was not one of the “most part” collection. Not only did I knock a variety of things off of the wall, but I immediately went right down on my head.

Biff, smartly I might add, made me promise to not do anymore handstands that night. In my defense, I was so drunk that I had to close one eye just to be able to focus on someone.

That’s a pretty shitty defense when I read back over it.

But I realized that there may be a problem when trying to discern if you have somehow given yourself a concussion when ridiculously drunk. From what I understand, a concussion involves dizziness and vomiting. Drinking copious amounts of bourbon without much in the way of food as a buffer can also cause this. Herein lies said problem.

I awoke with a splitting headache, still dizzy, still feeling the urge to vomit. How was I to know if this was just another awful hangover, or if I had bruised my brain in the previous evening’s festivities. Always trying to hope for the best in these situations, I decided to forgo the trip to the hospital and passed out watching Monsters Inc. instead.

A nap and some eggs and sausage gravy set me up just fine – so unless these are cures for concussion, I was just drunk.

No comments: