Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Recovery and Halloween Past

I skipped work yesterday because of a cold, a snotty and feverish cold. I’m sorry there was no post yesterday, I was busy watching Simpson’s episodes on DVD and napping. But I just wanted to tell you:

I was going to a concert one Halloween, I quite often went to concerts on Halloween, but that year I did not have a costume. I figured I’m young, I’m creative, I can find something to use at 7-11 on the way and so took a quick look around. I’m not sure why they had them, but they had Halloween boxer shorts available – black with orange skeletons.

My friend and I got the boxers, some nylons and some glow sticks. We wore the boxers, tied the glow sticks into the feet of the nylons and then put the nylons on our heads old school bank robber style. On walking into the show we swung our heads around in a way that made the glow sticks swing wildly inside the nylons.

The event staff made us remove the glow sticks for some unspecified reason; but man, we got cheers from the crowd on walking up in there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and the young kid who spend 4 weeks carefully crafting a ghost busters outfit out of khaki fabric, sharpie pens, old cardboard boxes, tinfoil, and vacuum cleaner hoses--only to have everyone totally ignore him, instead oogling your half-assed costumes--just sat in the corner and cried.

Anonymous said...

Aaaah kc! Were you the Bill Murray character?

Anonymous said...

...WHA?.... uh, mmm... who said that was me? ...I didn't mean me ... it is... uh, like a friend... YEAH, a friend of mine said that... more like an aquaintence, actually... some kid that I didn't even talk to at all, who went to another school when i was little, who was telling me a story about someone they knew. Yeah, definately not me.