Friday, September 23, 2005

Furniture I've Got At Home, BTW

I realized on that grand ol’ walk into work today, that I have been out of sorts for the last week or so. Granted, I’ve been fighting a cold and that’s bound to bring the Billy buoyancy factor down, but that wasn’t it.

I auditioned for a show that I was SURE I was going to get a part in but didn’t. It wasn’t so much a blow to the ego as a feeling like my momentum was stopping. It also made my tedious customer service job seem that much more awful without the hopes of doing what I love in the after hours.

But I think I turned a corner somewhere down in Pioneer Square this morning, I’m feeling alright. I honestly feel okay about not getting the show and am excited about looking for another one to do. I also feel good about focusing on some serious writing for the first time in forever if I don’t have a winter show.

And I remembered my pie/bread baking plans. And the soup, the soup…

Essentially, I realized I’m doing just fine, with great people around me (including some I get to hang out with and drink whiskey this weekend). Plus the story that Becca told me about the special chair they use to jerk off apes for their semen… It just makes me feel the magic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT ABOUT ME????

Anonymous said...

You're one of the great people around me, silly. Your support is amazing and never taken for granted. Thank you. And you get a little something special tonight...

Anonymous said...

A puppy???